Sunday 25 November 2012

MY SQUARE CHRISTMAS WREATH AND MY OUTDOOR DECOR

Who said a wreath has to be round.......

I really need to start decorating the outside of my front door and the entrance of my home, before time flies   and I have nothing done.  The Christmas season goes by so fast that before you know it, it is over.

I have had these old picture frames for some time now, just sitting in the garage collecting dust.  I never wanted to throw them out (and I love to get rid of stuff) as they were very good quality and there is something nostalgic about them.

I wanted something a little different to decorate my front door, and thought maybe these frames can come in handy.

I absolutely LOVE spray paint.  So fast and so easy to do.
Purchased a nice gold colour and went at it.  Hate the smell, so I always spray paint outside.

HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS:

First get yourself some old picture frames.  You can find a wide range of frames from your local thrift store, in any size you like, and some of them are very ornate and great quality too.


Here are my frames ready for some spray paint.   Remember to dust them off.  Don't be like me, and get really excited about spray painting that you forget to clean them up.  Yup, I spray painted some dust.....lol


I too the frames behind the garage where there were many branches that were down from Hurricane Sandy.
I lay the frames on top and spray painted.  Actually, those branches are going to come in really handy when I do my outdoor Christmas decorating.

Stay tuned for that.



Gather up some greenery.   I used real cedar branches from my huge cedar trees in the back of my house, that are over 30 feet tall.

I put together 4 or 5 branches, and secured them with some wire.


Using some wire wrap them over the frame.

Continue in the same manner all the way around the frame.  I did the lower half only, as I wanted the frame to show through.

....and here it is hanging on my front door.

I added two little white feathered birds.


Found these very pretty green leaves, and I thought that I would do another picture frame wreath for indoors.


I hot glued them half way around the frame.

I am almost done.....keep watching for the final product and where I decide to hang it.  I still don't know yet where I am going to hang it but I will find a place.

Thanks for looking.
Have y'all started decorating?
Let me know if anyone tries this type of wreath; would love to see.


This post has been linked to:


http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/



http://www.homemadeginger.com/2012/11/ginger-jamboree-link-party-4.html



http://www.shecookscraftsruns.net/









13 comments:

  1. Angie, thank you for following Carole's Chatter. I have followed you right back. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decorated but nothing quite so fancy looking as this! It looks so good - I never would have thought of getting a frame and turning it into a wreath.

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I love picture frames. Some of them have so much character. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Love this frame-the shape and birds! I will be featuring this on my Saturday holiday favorites-so stop over for a visit! I am also now a follower too- Have a great week-Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claire! I am so honoured that you are featuring me. I am still new at this blogging thing.....lol I am still learning. I have visited you and am your newest follower. Have a great day. Hugs

      Delete
  4. How BEAUTIFUL!!! I absolutely love this idea! Love the frame and the birds! Beautifully done and a great alternative to the traditional wreath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Yes, this is a great alternative to traditional wreaths. I am about to hang another square wreath indoors.
      Hugs

      Delete
  5. I just love this kind of decorating ~ totally my style! It looks so pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What i don't understood is in truth how you're not
    actually a lot more smartly-favored than you might be now.
    You are very intelligent. You realize thus considerably on the subject of this topic,
    made me for my part imagine it from so many varied angles.
    Its like women and men are not interested except it's something to do with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs nice. At all times take care of it up!

    Here is my blog post :: pbu Dental

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be using this for Christmas 2016 to start the 12 Days of Christmas theme as guests arrive; this will be the 'Two Turle Doves'.

    Thanks for sharing! It is so much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete