Saturday 4 August 2012

DIY CENTERPIECE FOR ANY OCCASION

I love sparkle, and I love to "bling" things out when I get the chance.

I purchased these 4 inch square vases from the dollar store, and they looked, well, just plain.
I wanted to add some individuality to them.
I came across this wonderful roll of what looks like diamonds on a mesh background.
Love the sparkle!

Cut it to size and glued it to the vase.

Added some hydrangeas and some pink roses and, ta da.....done.  They look gorgeous.

Take a look.  What do you think?










Here are the 4 inch vases and the diamond mesh roll.











9 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bling... beautiful centerpieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Karah. They turned out rather pretty. They were for a little girls Christening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them Angie --- they went from drab to fab! That mesh is super cool --- where did you find it? Is it costly? It's be so pretty to use at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen! That mesh is really nice. I have seen it used for so many things. It comes in many different colours. The one I used was silver. It comes in gold, blue green, red, purple. I don't know where you live, I am in Toronto, Canada and I got them at Creative Bags. The role is 10 yards long and cost $29.00. It is 5 inches wide, and you can cut it to any width and length you want.
    It would be really nice for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! My girls (ages 7 & 5) would LOVE the bling! Found you at Tattertots & Jello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonja. Thanks for commenting. My big girls (19 and 16) still love the bling too.

      Delete
  6. These are really really nice.....I'm having a "Glitz and Glamour" Themed wedding and have blinged out my centerpieces as well.

    Very Nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting Annette! I love glitz and glam too. Congrats on your wedding. Send me some pics. Would love to see.

      Delete