Thursday 29 November 2012

COPPER PIPE CHRISTMAS TREE


Yes, you can make a Christmas tree these days from anything!  This one I created a number of years ago.

Got myself a long piece of copper pipe, and a pipe cutter.  Yes, there is such a thing.  First I tried to cut it with a saw, no not gonna work......lol
All the tubes are hung but drilling a hole in the centre of all the pipes and threading a piece of copper wire.
That's it, done.

I planned this project out by doing all my measurements first, and then cutting.  You can pretty much make it any shape or size you like.   Like they say, measure twice, cut once.....oh I have done it the other way around so many times.  You know how it goes, so excited to just cut, and then do it wrong.

You can hang this "tree" just about anywhere if space is an issue.  Even if space isn't an issue.   I have hung it in many places just to show that it can work anywhere, in my opinion.

I have permanently hung it inside my front door.  Gives a nice touch to the door, I think.
What do you guys think?  Yay, or nay to the copper pipe tree?

Thanks for taking a look.


Hang it in front of a window.





I hung it in my kitchen against my wall art.


This has been linked up to:
http://thefrugalgirls.com/2012/11/chic-and-crafty-party-1129.html



4 comments:

  1. Oh that is really pretty and very outside the box! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Rustic, industrial, unique! I can't wait to go out to Lowes and get some copper pipe cut! If you have a sec this weekend, I would love for you to share at Get Schooled Saturday! http://too-much-time.com/2012/11/get-schooled-saturday-50.html
    xxx
    Kim @ Too Much Time On My Hands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. Would love to share.

      You can cut those pipes any shape you like. You can even do a much bigger one than mine. Looking forward to seeing it.
      Hugs

      Delete