Wednesday 18 July 2012

SPECIAL OCCASION DIY

If you have any special party that you are planning, there are so many things that you can DIY yourself for a fraction of the cost.
This occasion was a little girl's christening, where I had the pleasure of doing a few things for her celebration.

Take a look.


These are some party favours that I wrapped.

I made the small little pouch out of white organza, which hold the little candy.
Cut a piece or organza whatever size you want them to be.  This one is 7 inches by 3 inches, folded in half
and the bottom and side edges are sewn with a straight stitch very close to the edge.



Turn pouch inside out, and press.  Fold top open corners to create a point, as shown below.



Fold over and press.



Prepare your candies and any beautiful ribbon you like.



Fill the pouch with the candy, and make a bow and hot glue it to the pouch.



This was a religious occasion, so I decided to put a little silver cross with some beads, and glued it on the bow.



Here they all are, ready to decorate the party favour.



Wrapped my box with a very pretty pink paper.


I purchased this wide roll of ribbon that looks like diamonds, and glitters.  I LOVE glitter....lol
You can cut it to any size you like.


Cut 1 inch strips and wrapped the box.



Here is the finished gift.  Love it. 



What do y'all think?
\


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I like too, and very different than your usual look.

      Delete